Monday, December 10, 2018

Day 1

Today we traveled through the city of San Jose to the Las Cruces Biological station. As we travel though the city I noticed their water diversion system. It is made up of stones, and cement. These are very different from our area. I also noticed that the soils of the banks have clearly been eroded away leaving the roots of the trees exposed, this is also something I am not use to seeing in our region. As we traveled I was saddened to see all of the trash along side the roads, people litter everywhere. I am confused if it is because they do not have a place to put the trash or it is lack of caring for the land. We did make a pit stop where we walked up a mountain road, which was much more difficult then I anticipated do to the high elevation levels reaching over 10,000 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment