Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Sharing with the people.

This evening we went into San Vito to get some miscellaneous  supplies and it was quite the experience. I have never wanted to speak Spanish so bad in my life. I'm sure it is very frustrating  for them as we can not communicate, it was a reminder to practice patients with people. The diving down here is something else, I'm pretty sure they just do whatever they want.

When we came back we met with the Indigenous people of Costa Rica and as we went around introducing ourselves I was in awe of all the Native languages spoken. It was very touching to see these tribal nations come together and share. We all have a common purpose, we all want to learn from one another. Over the past two days on our hikes or over meals a women has been teaching me her words and even when I am butchering them she is so patient and makes me repeat them until I get them right. She has a kindness about her that I truly admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment